Coverage and Performance
Day & Ross Freight is more than a trucking firm. It is a
comprehensive transportation system. We have the services, coverage, performance, equipment and
technology to meet any of your shipping needs, as well as a team of specialists to
manage your transportation and distribution requirements.
- One of Canada’s largest fleets with 35 terminals serving all 10 Canadian Provinces.
- Exclusive partnership with R+L Carriers provides coverage of all of the USA including Hawaii, Alaska and Puerto Rico.
- Well-maintained fleet of over 3,800 vehicles including power units dry,
temperature controlled, special commodity and LCV trailers.
- Direct service to over 90% of Canada’s population.
- Less-than-Truckload (LTL) and Truckload (TL) for both dry goods and goods that require climate control.
- Asset-based infrastructure – people, terminals and equipment.
- Consistent, on-time reliable service across North America.
- More than 65 years of experience.
- Platinum Member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies.
- A Shipper’s Choice and Carrier of Choice Award winner.
- Best Transport Provider (Cargo Logistics Canada Award of Excellence).
- A Smartway Transport Partner in good standing since 2009.
- Centralized bilingual Customer Care Centre.
- Specialized customer service programs such as TLC and 3rd Party pick up.
- Pro-active trace program.
- Inside sales coordinators.
- National sales support.
- Tech Track (advanced technology that includes the deployment of handheld devices for drivers to execute pick-ups and capture signatures on delivery).
- Utilizing IBM AS/400 Technology.
- Electronic Proof of Delivery (POD).>
- Centralized billing and PODs.
- Auto rating.
- Automated call taking and dispatch.
- On-line loss control.
- Centralized linehaul dispatch.
- Computerized equipment maintenance program.
- Multiple EDI transaction sets.
- Online shipping tools.
- 24 hour accessibility to your freight status.
- State-of-the-art information technology with end-to-end visibility.
- Intouch - in-cab GPS tracking and cellular communications.
- Individual Customer Report Cards.